Saturday, September 7, 2013

Blog Swap!

I had an idea the other day that would spread the love to other blogs and maybe get more people to check out this blog as well. I'm calling it Blog Swap! I took some ideas from the Liebster Awards and contacted my friend Kelsy over at Up in the Bibliosphere. She was game! She told me some random things about herself and answered some questions I threw her way. Check out the results below and make sure to head on over to her blog and give it some love!


Name: Kelsy
Subject: Books

I have an unhealthy obsession with the written word. I have read over 500 books in the last three years. 

I am a Mormon Feminist (and general feminist). 

That scene in The Avengers where Bruce Banner epically turns into the Hulk and then punches the alien worm in the face and kills it MAKES ME CRY EVERY TIME. 

The Catching Fire trailer also made me cry. Apparently I have a low emotional tolerance for awesome. 

I am a huge Marvel geek, but i have never read any of the comics, for which many people would disqualify me from Marvel geekdom, but the amount of time I have spent on Wikipedia reading about the Marvel multiverse says otherwise. 

I am a crazy cat lady with a pair of Siamese kittens named Dr. Quinn and Medicine Woman. 

I am descended from Scottish nobility. We have a family castle and everything. Hunter Clan all the way! 

As a general rule, I love animals more than people. 

I write YA fiction, and hope to begin the query process at the beginning of 2014. 

I have my own library, aptly called the Kelsbrary. 

I dream (like those things that happen when you're asleep, not a metaphor for goals) more often than anyone I've ever met. 

Here is the Q&A with Kelsy:

1. I know it’s like choosing a favorite child, but if you could only pick one favorite book, what would it be? Ah! Ask me something easier! That is an unbelievably hard and really unkind question to ask, but if I HAD to choose I guess my favorite book would be Cinder by Marissa Meyer.

2. What would you do with one million dollars? Buy all the books on my Amazon/Goodreads wish list, pay off my debt, pay off my family's debt, go on a few fun vacations, donate a portion to my favorite charities, and stick the rest in savings. Woot!

3. If you could be any book character and live their life in their world, who would it be? I don't know that I would ever want to be a fictional character, but like countless other children across the world I maintain in my heart a dream to attend Hogwarts.

4. What is your favorite quote? Ooh that's a hard one too. The first one that comes to mind is, "I would always rather be happy than dignified." - Charlotte Bronte.

5. If you could have a lunch date with five people, alive or dead, who would be joining you? Jane Austen, Jesus, Elizabeth Cady Stanton, Colin Firth, and J.K. Rowling.

6. What is your biggest fear? Mediocrity.

7. What is your biggest goal in life? Becoming a novelist. 

8. How many pairs of shoes do you own? Probably somewhere around nine.

9. What would your Patronus be if you were not a Muggle? Obviously a cat. 

10. If you had an endless appetite for one meal, tell me everything that would be on the menu. Coconut Crunch sushi rolls with ginger, a strawberry vinaigrette spinach salad, pepperoni pizza from Little Caesars, Andes mints, and an iced chai latte. Man, now I'm hungry!

11. What is your favorite movie of all time? The Avengers and When Harry Met Sally are currently brawling over this title. There is no clear victor. 

Thanks for letting us pick your brain, Kelsy! Don't forget to go see my answers to Kelsy's questions as well as a few random things about myself here! Kelsy has also asked me to send some book reviews her way so I told her she can feel free to write about whatever she likes and I'll feature it here on The Crazy Shark Lady. Keep an eye out for fun things to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment