Saturday, August 10, 2013

Making a Difference, One Shark at a Time

Shark Photo of the Day


Stunning photo of a Tiger Shark in a state of tonic immobility.

Shark Week Schedule for the Day (Discovery Channel)


Bold indicates New Program for 2013
Times are Mountain Time

10:00 AM - Adrift: 47 Days with Sharks
11:00 AM - How Sharks Hunt
12:00 PM - Great White Gauntlet
1:00 PM - Alien Monster Sharks
2:00 PM - Top Ten Sharkdown
3:00 PM - I Escpaed Jaws
4:00 PM - Air Jaws: Countdown to Shark Week 2013
5:00 PM - Sharkzilla: Sharktweeto
6:00 PM - Return of Jaws: Sharktweeto
7:00 PM - Voodoo Sharks: Sharktweeto
8:00 PM - Spawn of Jaws: Sharktweeto
9:00 PM - Sharkpocalypse: Sharktweeto
10:00 PM - Megalodon: Monster Shark Lives: Sharktweeto


Shark Story of the Day


Two Shark Week's ago I made the decision to make a difference by doing something other than talking. I put my money where my mouth is, so to speak. I donated $40 to Oceana and in the mail I got my cute shark cookie cutter and my adoption certificate which you will see below. But more than that I received the satisfaction of knowing that I did my part, however small it may be, to help save the creatures I love. Recently I've saved up $100 to donate to whichever charity I choose and how could I choose anything but Oceana when sharks are still out there being slaughtered? Maybe one day I'll be able to donate thousands of dollars to this organization, but for now I will do what little I can. I would encourage you all to do the same.

Shark Shirt of the Day


From the Shark Reef Aquarium in Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.

Shark Object of the Day


This is very special to me. It is my certificate of adoption of a
Great White Shark and I couldn't be more proud!

Shark Fact of the Day


The frilled shark's circular mouth, 
filled with more than 300 spiny teeth, earns it the nickname of the modern Loch Ness Monster.


Shark Art of the Day


My makeup design to imitate Bruce from Finding Nemo.

Shark Meme of the Day


Perspective.

Shark Treat of the Day


Let's all raise a glass to another fantastic Shark Week!
These are called Fuzzy Sharks! I got the recipe from a friend 
for my 21st birthday and they are delicious!

Shark Want of the Day


The world's awesomest backpack ever created!

No comments:

Post a Comment