Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Great White Dream

Shark Photo of the Day


The Thresher Shark - Cute face, wicked tail!

Shark Week Schedule for the Day (Discovery Channel)


Bold indicates New Program for 2013
Times are Mountain Time

10:00 AM - Prehistoric Sharks
11:00 AM - Deadly Stripes: Tiger Sharks
12:00 PM - Jaws of the Pacific
1:00 PM - Shark Attack Survival Guide
2:00 PM - Shark After Dark Live
3:00 PM - How Not to Become Shark Bait
4:00 PM - Great White Appetite
5:00 PM - Shark Bites: Adventures in Shark Week
6:00 PM - Jaws Comes Home
7:00 PM - Shark Fight
8:00 PM - How Jaws Changed the World
9:00 PM - Return of Jaws: Sharktweeto
10:00 PM - I Escaped Jaws
11:00 PM - Spawn of Jaws
12:00 AM - Shark After Dark Live

Shark Story of the Day


You now know that I swam with nurse sharks in Mexico, but that's just the beginning. Eventually I would love to go diving with Reef Sharks in the Caribbean, Whale Sharks in Mexico, and the variety of sharks that hang out at the Great Barrier Reef including Tiger Sharks. The big dream, however, is to swim with Great Whites. I know you think I'm crazy, but they are my favorite! They are so beautiful and fascinating and I know they are misunderstood and much more gentle than everyone believes. One Shark Week I even saw a guy riding on the dorsal fin of a Great White. How amazing would that be! I'm not an idiot. I know it's something I have to work my way up to and have professionals with me, but I hope it's something I can cross of my bucket list one day. I also want to go to South Africa and watch Great Whites breach...from a boat. No worries!

Shark Shirt of the Day


This is probably my favorite shirt I own. Orange Shark, I mean come on!
Got this gem in Sea World along with the orange necklace. 

Shark Object of the Day


I got this shark in Labadee, Haiti. It is carved from a river stone and I think it is so beautiful!

Shark Fact of the Day


Sharks have always had a bad rap. 
Ancient Greek historian Herodotus claimed that sharks destroyed a Persian fleet in the 5th century B.C.E.

Shark Art of the Day


This girl has the sickest nail designs I've ever seen! Awesome!

Shark Meme of the Day


I will cuddle ALL the sharks!

Shark Treat of the Day


These cheese and crackers look a little fishy! 
This is my "sharky" take on cheese and crackers. 
I used my cookie cutter to cut the sharks out. They turned out really cute. :)

Shark Want of the Day


Apparently this is THE book for all shark lovers
to own, and yet, I do not own it!

No comments:

Post a Comment